Part 1 Video – Earth Bond & Insulation Resistance
Part 2 Video – Earth Bond & Leakage test:
In order to Test and Tag a 3 Phase Appliance, there are three tests you can perform: an Earth Bond (essential), Insulation Resistance and Leakage Test.
After conducting a visual inspection, we’ll use our Portable Appliance Tester and adaptor to perform our tests. For this video we’ve used an adaptor that tests all 3 phases as one.
1) Plug the adapter into the PAT Tester
2) Place the 20amp motor into the 20amp socket of the adaptor
3) Place the earth lead from the tester onto an exposed metal part of the 3 Phase appliance
4) Switch the appliance to the ON position
You can now start by choosing a Class I test (majority of 3 Phases are Class I). This will then perform an Earth Bond and Insulation test. Test and tag three phase appliances
– The Earth Bond test requires less than 1 Ω to pass
– The Insulation Resistance test requires a minimum of 1 MΩ